Law Society Today Submission Guidelines
Law Society Today publishes news and resources for Alberta lawyers that promote continuous learning and professional legal competence.
All content submissions are approved by the Law Society’s Communications Department.
If you have questions or encounter problems submitting ideas, please email us.
Those looking to submit article ideas or calendar events are encouraged to read the guidelines below.
We encourage you to answer the following questions before submitting a story idea.
- Is it relevant, useful and/or insightful to the Alberta Legal Profession?
- Does it speak to, support or advance the strategic goals of the Law Society?
Did you just publish or write something that you believe would fit the mandate of Law Society Today? We are happy to consider it subject to an approval process.
The Law Society of Alberta maintains a calendar of events that promotes continuous learning, professional competence and a sense of community among Alberta’s legal profession.
We are happy to consider events for inclusion on our calendar subject to an approval process.
- Your submission should include:
- Event name
- Organization(s) hosting/sponsoring the event
- Brief description (1-2 sentences)
- Registration deadline (if applicable)
- Date (Start/End)
- Contact information
- Website URL for registration and/or event details
- Events that charge a registration fee or ticket price may not be approved if they are not associated with a non-profit legal organization. We do not post events of a commercial nature.
- Submissions must be made at least one week in advance of the event or event registration deadline to allow time for the approval and posting process. If your event is submitted less than one week before its date, we cannot guarantee its publication.
- In order to maintain a timely events calendar, we may choose to hold approved postings until one month prior to the registration or event date.
- Since the calendar can be viewed by the public on our website, submissions must specify who can attend the event.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify these details and include appropriate links/information. The Law Society does not process event registrations for other organizations through our events calendar.